Sublimation printers is one of the hottest topics discussed amongst small business owners. A sublimation printer is a computer printer that utilizes heat to transfer dye onto different materials. Using a sublimation printer, you can print on various materials like plastic, fabric, and ceramic. By owning a sublimation printer, you can print your favorite quotes and pictures on mugs, t-shirts, and various kinds of plastic. All that’s required is a top-notch sublimation printer with state-of-the-art features.
A sublimation printer carries out the printing process by transferring the dye from a special transfer paper onto the desired printing material by applying heat. The process takes around 1-3 minutes, depending upon the printing material.
If you are interested in buying a sublimation printer for your small business, home or studio, there are a few factors that you should keep in mind before choosing to invest in a suitable model for your needs. In this article, I have mentioned and thoroughly explained the features that you should pay attention to while purchasing a sublimation printer. Apart from that, you will also find a list of the best sublimation printers in 2022 with a detailed review for every pick!
Best Sublimation Printers of 2022 For Beginners, Experts
- Weight40.8 pounds
- Dimensions32.2 x 22.3 x 13.4 inches
- ConnectivityWi-Fi, USB, Ethernet
- Maximum Resolution4800 x 2400 dpi
The Epson Workforce WF-7710 is a multipurpose printer that offers sublimation printing as well as regular printing. The printer has multiple connectivity modes that can be used to print your favorite quotes and designs. The printer can be connected by wireless and Wi-Fi direct. It can also print from your tablet and smartphone devices.
The Workforce WF-7710 uses PresicionCore technology that allows you to create borderless prints. Now you can produce borderless prints up to 13” x 19” in size. The 4.3” color touchscreen on this printer makes it very easy to control the printer.
The Workforce WF-7710 sublimation printer delivers phenomenal performance thanks to its PresicionCore technology. It is a multipurpose printer that can print up to 13” x 19” and scan up to 11” x 17”. It has a 250-sheet paper tray, which is more than enough for daily use. Additionally, it can hold up to 20 sheets of photo paper or ten envelopes in its paper tray.
The Epson Workforce WF-7710 printer produces auto 2-sided print. The Epson printer is designed for use with only genuine Epson ink cartridges. You should keep this in mind as other cartridges might not work with this printer even though they might be described as compatible. The printer also has the scan, copy and fax features which are frequently used in offices and professional settings. The best perk of this printer is that you can use your iPad, tablet, or smartphone to print. If you are looking for a multipurpose sublimation printer, this Epson model is the best pick for you!
The Epson Workforce WF-7710 has tons of amazing features. Here are some of the key features that are worth taking note of:
- PrecisionCore Technology: Produces detailed and accurate borderless prints by utilizing the in-built PrecisionCore technology.
- Less Power Consumption: The printer uses up to 80% less power compared to laser printers. It is very economical and helps you to reduce business costs.
- 4.3” Color Touchscreen: The intuitive color touchscreen on this printer provides easy navigation and settings menu.
- Large Scans: Most printers do not have the scan feature. However, on this printer you can scan up to 11” x 17”. You can share the scans by using the navigation menu.
- Economical consumes 80% less amount of power
- Saves more paper with automated 2-faced printing
- Borderless high-quality prints
- Dual paper trays
- Large Size
- Only works with Epson ink cartridges
- Weight18.1 pounds
- Dimensions7.7 x 13.4 x 17.1 inches
- ConnectivityEthernet, USB. Wi-Fi, Apple AirPrint
- Maximum Resolution1200 x 600 dpi
- Scanner Resolution8.5″ x 11.7″
The Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestment sublimation printer is one of the best printers for fabric printing. If you are running a fabric printing business or a workshop, you can benefit greatly from this sublimation printer. This printer is extremely powerful and packed with various useful features. The printer is specifically made for small businesses. It features the print, scan and fax features that are frequently used for office use.
This printer offers low-cost printing, which is very convenient for small business owners. The Brother MFC-J995DW printer is an extremely powerful sublimation printer that produces high-quality fabric prints. If you are looking for an affordable sublimation printer that also has tons of productive features, then the MFC-J995DW is the right choice for you!
The Brother MFC-J995DW is bulky and difficult to carry from one place to another. In terms of printing, the printer performs exceptionally well. The printer produces a sharp and detailed print with better color reproduction.
The internal ink storage tank on this printer has been remodeled. It now holds ink which lasts up to 1 year of printing. The Brother Page Gauge on this printer allows you to monitor ink usage and estimate the remaining page count. During an important job, the estimated remaining page count helps to determine whether there is sufficient ink in the printer. The printer can up to 12 monochrome pages per minute. In the case of color, it can print up to 10 pages per minute.
The Brother MFC-J995DW INKvestment printer has various productive features that come in quite handy. Here are some of the key features of this sublimation printer:
- Versatile Paper Handling: This printer works phenomenally well with various kinds of paper. You can print on envelopes, photo paper and A4 sheets.
- Automatic Document Feeder: The printer automatically feeds new paper sheets to print upon. Using automatic document feeder, the copying and scanning process becomes comparatively faster.
- Mobile Printing: The printer supports wireless mobile device printing. The printer can receive wireless printing commands from your mobile, desktop, and tablet.
- Automatic Duplex Printing
- 20-sheet automatic document feeder
- Saves money with low cost printing
- Up to 1 year of Ink In-box
- Small paper tray capacity
- No borderless prints
- Weight40 pounds
- Dimensions20 x 20 x 20 inches
- ConnectivityUSB, PC, Wi-Fi
- Maximum Resolution1200 x 1200 DPI
The Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 is a highly-rated sublimation printer for t-shirt and fabric printing. It is an economical sublimation printer that is suitable for personal and commercial use. The printer is available at an economical price. It also has a sleek and modern look, which makes it suitable for installation in office and studio space.
The printer has multiple connectivity options that allow you to print your designs from your smartphone and tablet. The printer is backed with a 1-year warranty! In case the printer malfunctions, or stops working due to unforeseen reasons, the printer can be repaired for free at a service center. If the printer cannot be fixed, you’ll get a new printer in exchange for the broken one.
The Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 sublimation printer delivers exceptional performance. The printer is very suitable for small businesses that are looking for a reliable sublimation printer to fulfill their printing needs. The printer weights around 30 pounds. It is neither too heavy nor bulky. Thus, it can be moved easily from one place to another.
The Virtuoso SG400 has a lightning fast USB 2.0 port, which allows the printer to connect to a variety of devices. The printer supports printing on a wide array of materials, such as glass, acrylic, fabric, cotton and polyester. When printing high resolution pictures, the printer is capable of producing 157 prints per hour on 600 * 600 dpi resolution.
The Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 sublimation printer offers some really excellent features. Considering the economical price of this printer, the features are really something to take note of:
- Self Cleaning: The Virtuoso SG400 comes with self clean technology. By utilizing this technology, you never get clogged inks in your printer.
- Supports printing on various materials: This printer is extremely versatile. It supports high quality printing on all different kinds of materials such as fabric, glass, tiles and polyester.
- 1-year Warranty: The printer is covered by 1-year warranty. If anything happens to the printer, you can get in touch with Sawgrass support to get a quick resolution.
- Free USB Cable
- Free Creative Studio Software
- Self Cleaning Technology
- 1 Year Warranty
- Not suitable for big businesses
- Expensive Ink Cartridges
- Weight38.2 Pounds
- Dimensions31.8 x 22.3 x 12.7 inches
- ConnectivityWireless, USB
- Maximum Resolution13″ x 19″
The next item on our list is Epson Workforce WF-7210 sublimation printer. The printer is suitable for commercial uses and small offices. Epson Workforce WF-7210 is available at an affordable price. It produces high quality borderless prints that have stunning details and clarity.
This printer shows its true worth when you are printing pictures on fabrics. The printer works phenomenally with various types of fabrics. A small commercial business can benefit greatly by using this sublimation printer.
The Epson Workforce WF-710 sublimation printer produces high quality prints up to 13” x 19” in size. The borderless prints from this printer depict exact colors and retain the original quality of the print. The precision core technology embedded in this printer ensures that you receive shop quality prints every time. The printer is also equipped with a scanner. The double-sided scanner helps to scan documents quickly.
The Workforce WF-710 model has multiple connectivity modes. You have the ability to print and scan from your handheld devices such as mobile and tablet. There’s a 2.2” LCD screen which helps you to issue commands to the printer.
The Epson Workforce WF-710 is one of the best sublimation printers on the market. It produces high quality prints and works with various materials. Here are some of the best features of this printer:
- DURABrite Ultra Ink Cartridges: The printer is equipped with superior quality DURABrite Ultra Ink Cartridges that save ink on every print. The ink cartridges last up to 1 year.
- PrecisionCore Technology: The Workforce WF-710 sublimation printer delivers print shop like quality by utilizing the in-built PrecisionCore technology.
- Economical: The printer saves up to 80% power compared to laser printers. It also reduces ink usage.
- 500-sheet capacity
- 13” x 19” Borderless Prints
- Print from iPad, iPhone and Android
- Small 2.2 inch display
- Frequent Ink Replacements
- Weight10.14 Pounds
- Dimensions18.1 x 9.5 x 7.6 inches
- ConnectivityWireless, USB
- Maximum Resolution5760 x 1440 dpi
The next item on our list is another sublimation printer from Epson. The Stylus C88+ sublimation printer is intended for personal and commercial use. The printer is available at a budget-friendly price. This sublimation printer produces high quality paper and fabric prints. The printer has tons of productive features that are not available in other sublimation printer in the same price segment.
If you are running a small business, the Epson Stylus C88+ sublimation printer will be able to fulfill all your needs. The performance and features that you get at this price range is unbeatable. It is a worthy investment that’ll provide value for years to come.
The Epson Stylus C88+ sublimation printer works with various kinds of papers and material. You can use this printer to produce high quality fabric and ceramic prints. The printer produces high quality prints every time. The ink of this printer has been modified. Due to the modifications, the ink is smudge proof and water-resistant.
The Stylus C88+ printer also has a borderless prints feature. It can print borderless pictures up to 8.5″ x 11″. Regarding the performance of this printer, it can be said that this printer easily beats other sublimation printers in this price segment. The Stylus C88+ prints up to 23 black text pages per minute. In case of color prints, the printer produces 14 prints per minute.
The Epson Stylus C88+ is an economical sublimation printer with tons of amazing features. Here are some of the key features:
- DURABite Ultra Pigment Ink: The printer features a type of ink. This ink is smudge free, scratch free and water-resistant.
- Individual Ink Cartridges: The printer has different slots for ink cartridges depending on their color. The individual ink cartridges should be replaced when they run out of ink. There’s no immediate need to refill all the cartridges.
- Free Photo Editing Software: The Stylus C88+ printer comes with a personal photo editing software. The software can be used to edit photo books, calendars and pictures.
- Works with various types of paper
- Suitable for small businesses and offices
- Produces smudge-free, scratch-free and water-resistance prints
- Not feasible for large prints
- Slow printing speed for color prints
- Weight1.9 Pounds
- Dimensions5.4 x 7.1 x 2.5 inches
- ConnectivityWireless, USB, AirPrint
- Maximum Resolution300 x 300 dpi
Canon is a renowned name in the world of cameras. Canon produces the world’s best cameras. Well, it’s surprising, but Canon does not only focus on making world-class cameras. Canon also makes some of the world’s best sublimation printers. In this section, we are talking about Canon Selphy CP1300 sublimation printer. The printer is compact and easy to install.
The Selphy CP1300 is a wireless sublimation printer. It also has USB 2.0 connectivity mode. The printer is suitable for all environments. It can be set up in a personal office, studio or a commercial business.
The Selphy CP1300 wireless sublimation printer stands out from other printers due to a variety of reasons. This printer not only delivers excellent performance, it is also available at a pocket-friendly price. Apart from wireless printing, you can also use the AirPrint feature to print from your social media channels.
The Canon Selphy CP1300 printer is compact. The printer produces a full–size color print in approximately 37 seconds. Compared to other printers, the quality of the print is much better. Canon does a good job in retaining the original colors of the picture. Finally, there is the 3.2” LCD display which provides easy access to settings and commands on this printer.
The Canon Selphy CP1300 sublimation printer is one of the sublimation printers that is suitable for small offices. The printer has various eye-catching features. Here are a few of them:
- Dye-sublimation Technology: The print comes with a legacy dye-sublimation technology, which allows easy transfer of dye from one material to another. The end result is absolutely stunning!
- 3.2” LCD Scree: Unlike other printers which feature a 2” LCD screen, this printer features a large 3.2” screen. The LCD screen provides easy access to controls and commands.
- Dye-sublimation print technology
- 3.2” LCD Display
- Multiple Print Sizes
- Wireless Printing Solution
- Slow printing speed
- Lack of customer support
- Expensive Ink Cartridge
- Weight18.7 Pounds
- Dimensions30.9 x 18.7 x 16.2 inches
- ConnectivityWireless, Ethernet
- Maximum Resolution13” X 19″
The next item on our list is Epson HD XP-15000 sublimation printer. If you are looking for a sublimation printer that is perfect for wide printing, your search ends here. The Epson HD XP-15000 is the perfect solution for wide-printing. This printer takes photo printing to a new level. The ultra HD ink cartridges deliver phenomenal performance. The printer delivers stunning photo prints every time.
Apart from that, the printer has a compact size. It can be moved from one place to another easily. The printer is capable of producing high quality borderless prints of up to 13” x 19” inches.
The Epson HD XP-15000 sublimation printer delivers excellent color prints. Not only that, black and white prints also have a smooth color gradation. If you scrutinize each print, you will certainly notice the subtle details. The printer has a high resolution of 5760 x 1440 DPI, which makes it very suitable for wide-printing.
The Epson HD XP-15000 produces 9 color pages per minute. Although, it produces less number of prints, the finished product has print shop like quality. The printer also has an 2.4” LCD display. The LCD display shows information regarding the current printing process and the amount of ink left in the cartridge.
The Epson HD XP-15000 is a decent sublimation printer which offers various productive features. Here are some of the noteworthy features:
- Environment Friendly: The printer is certified environment-friendly. It saves ink and reduces waste. Also, the printer is 100% recyclable.
- Automatic wide-printing: As I’ve mentioned earlier, this printer is highly suitable for wide-printing. The automatic wide-printing feature saves you a lot of time and effort.
- Material Handling: The Epson HD XP-15000 can handle various kinds of material of up to 23mm thickness.
- Professional Ultra HD Ink Cartridge
- Wireless Printing
- Automatic two side wide photo printing
- Environment Friendly
- Only works with Epson certified cartridges
- Slow printing speed
- Weight48.5 Pounds
- ConnectivityWi-Fi, USB, Ethernet
- Maximum Resolution13” X 19”
- Dimensions22.4 x 28.6 x 17 inches
Next on our list is Epson WorkForce WF-7610 sublimation printer. This printer is one of the latest models that have been recently released. It is a modern printer that produces top quality prints on various types of materials. Apart from that, this printer is saves you a lot of money by reducing ink usage. By using this printer, you can save up to 40% ink on each print.
This printer is also equipped with a double-sided scanner. You can scan, copy and fax documents easily. The printer has a 35-page automatic document feeder, which comes in handy when printing a huge number of pictures.
The Epson WorkForce WF-7610 printer is one of the most modern sublimation printer in the market. It has a 4.3-inch touchscreen display. The touchscreen display provides information about the current printing process. It also provides quick access to various features of this printer.
The WorkForce WF-7610 sublimation printer has a 2-sided scanner that can scan, copy and print. The 35-page automatic document feeder can hold paper up to 11” x 17” in size. This printer produces ten high-quality color prints per minute. Apart from this, the printer produces 18 black and white prints per minute.
This printer keeps track of the ink present in the cartridges. When it notices that the ink is going to run out, it automatically orders new ink cartridges from Amazon.
The Epson WorkForce WF-7610 sublimation printer has 4.3-inch touchscreen. The printer has a 250-sheet capacity. This printer produces high-quality prints that are absolutely breathtaking. Here are some of the noteworthy features of this printer:
- Saves Money: The Epson WorkForce WF-7610 has in-built technology that saves up to 40% ink per print. This results in huge savings which would have been spent on ink cartridge purchases.
- Easy-to-use Function: This printer has a 4.3-inch touchscreen display that provides quick access to various functions and features on this printer.
- 250-sheet Tray Capacity: The printer has a 250-sheet capacity, which is extremely helpful when printing and scanning innumerable documents.
- Budget friendly and economical printer.
- 4.3-inch color touchscreen
- Wireless Printing
- Single paper tray
- Produces noise while functioning
- Weight37.5 Pounds
- Dimensions14.37 x 11.81 x 12.8 inches
The next item on our list is Mitsubishi CP-9550DW sublimation printer. It is one of the highly rated sublimation printers that is suitable for mass photo printing. If you are looking for an economical mass photo printer, then CP-9550DW is the right choice for you!
It saves you a lot of money as well as produces high quality photo prints in seconds. You can choose from the 4 different print sizes available in this printer. The 2×6 multi-cut function in this printer makes it quite easy to print out photographs.
The Mitsubishi CP-9550DW sublimation printer produces top-quality prints in a small amount of time. Thanks to the superfast printing time, it is suitable for mass printing. Aside to this, the printer has a legacy color reproduction system, which ensures that your prints don’t miss the nitty-gritty details.
The CP-9550DW maintains a superior print quality all the time. The ink cartridge in this printer can easily last up to 1 year. The only downside in this printer is that it does not have a LCD screen.
Take a look at some noteworthy features of this printer:
- Large Paper Tray: The paper tray on this printer can accommodate 300+ pages. It’s very easy to fill up the paper tray as well.
- Thermal Head Management: Unlike other printers, the CP-9550DW sublimation printer comes with a thermal head management tool. By using this tool, you can tweak the thermal transfer process.
- High-resolution mass photo printer
- Easy to use
- Durable Ink Cartridges
- Frequent paper jams
- No LCD screen
- Weight11 Pounds
- Dimensions14.8″ x 22.8″ x 10.0″
- ConnectivityWired, Wireless, Bluetooth
- Maximum Resolution5760 x 1440 dpi
The final item on our list of the best sublimation printers is Epson EcoTank ET-4700. The ET-4700 sublimation printer is a compact device which is highly suitable for small offices and print shops. If you have been looking for a compact sublimation printer that also produces high quality prints, your search ends right here. Let’s have a look at the performance and key features of this sublimation printer.
The Epson EcoTank ET-4700 sublimation printer starts printing right out of the box. You don’t need to go through a long and tedious setup process to get it working. Simply connect the printer to your workstation or mobile phone, and start printing right away!
The ink cartridges are easy to replace. The best part is that the cartridges can last anywhere up to 2 years! You’ll be able to print more than 4500 sheets before you run out of ink. Epson also offers huge discounts when you purchase cartridges from them. You’ll save anywhere between 60-80% on ink cartridge expenses.
The printer supports wired and wireless connections. You can print from various devices without any hassles. Epson EcoTank ET-4700 comes with a 2-year warranty. Now that the printer has been covered under 2 year Epson warranty, you can put away all your worries.
Let’s take a look at some noteworthy features of this printer:
- Economical Ink Cartridges: The Epson ET-4700 saves you hundreds of dollars in ink cartridge expenses. The ink cartridges last up to 4500 high quality prints.
- Eco-friendly: The EcoTank ET-4700 is environmental friendly. The printer reduces waste by always working on optimal efficiency.
- Wired and Wireless connectivity
- Saves money
- Environment Friendly
- 2-year warranty
- Bluetooth’s connection disconnects frequently
- Paper gets stuck in the document feeder
How to Choose the Best Sublimation Printer?
While buying a sublimation printer, you need to pay attention to its design and features. The printer should serve your business printing needs with ease. It should also provide a variety of printing avenues. A good sublimation printer can directly print on fabric, or it can use a transfer medium to transfer the dye onto the fabric. Not all sublimation printers can print on all kinds of fabrics and plastic. While choosing a printer, make sure it works with all kinds of fabrics to reduce future inconvenience.
The cartridge should be easy to install and replace. If installing and replacing the cartridge requires tremendous amounts of time and effort, it’s probably best that you look for another printer.
What Factors to Consider When Choosing a Sublimation Printer?
A sublimation printer comes in various shapes and sizes with different features. In order to select the best printer that suits your needs, you need to pay attention to few factors. In this section, you’ll find out everything that you need to pay attention to while buying a sublimation printer.
Highest Printing Resolution
The resolution of a printer is measured in dots per inch. To produce high-quality prints, a printer needs to have the best resolution. A higher resolution printer will produce high-quality prints compared to a lower resolution printer.
Nowadays, printers have advanced by leaps and bounds. Printers can now perform various functions like scan, copy and fax that aid a user. A multi-functional printer will ensure that your operating costs are reduced. It will also help you to quickly scan and share your designs with your clients easily.
In today’s age, printers have more than one connectivity option. While purchasing a printer, check out the various connectivity modes that it offers. Latest sublimation printers offer USB, wireless, cloud, and Bluetooth connectivity modes. Go for a printer that provides two or more connectivity modes, which you frequently use.